Sunday, June 7, 2009

Treasure Hunting with Oma

Saturday I spent hanging out with Oma. Oma likes shopping, smoking & doing crossword puzzles... so I opted to spend Saturday shopping! We went to the Inglewood Antique Market, then on to the Old School House on Hwy 10 & finally to the huge antique market in Glen Williams. I'm definitely going to have to do this circuit more often, because all 3 places had such amazing stuff! Inglewood had some great furniture that we are definitely putting on our wish list. I picked up some things at the Glen Williams market that I just could not bare to part with...

I just love this pig! He has a huge smile on his face & a bird is hitching a ride on his head. He's just adorable & he is meant to hold a tealight. So this piggy & I can light a candle together for all the poor pigs that spend their short sad lives being raised for food.


These guys make me happy every time I look at them. I almost left them behind but I just couldn't. They look like they're laughing. I am so in love with them!




I think I had to get these because the green goes so well in my kitchen. The apple salt shaker doesn't do much for me, but I love the pear pepper mill, and I couldn't leave the apple all alone. They belong together. Plus they were a dollar each, so for that price...how could anyone NOT buy these cuties!

This might be my favourite item. We almost didn't get it because it ran us over the amount of money we had in our wallets (they don't take debit or credit card at the Glen Williams market). I'm so glad we talked the guy down though, because this platter is just PERFECT! It is beautiful enough to hang on the wall, & then I'll use it to serve veggies & talk about how much more satisfying veggies are compared to dead animal carcass when I have guests over! Ok, maybe not, but it's an interesting conversation piece none the less!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the piggie treasures you found, especially the pair that are laughing. And that comment about not being able to leave the apple shaker all alone...just shows your sweet nature. Bob and I love to go treasure hunting, esp. for piggie stuff. At some point I'm going to have to stop though, pig paraphernalia is taking over! There is a funky little place near me, can't even remember it's name, but it's in Damascus, and it's like a permanent garage sale gone wild. Found a few good piggy thing there. Also, Aberfoyle Flea Market is amazing.
Sherry