Friday, April 20, 2007

The beginning of SpiderLove

I promissed to talk about SpiderLove so here we go... I can't wait anymore! It's become my obsession! It's an idea, a source of income (hopefully), and a way of life. For what seems like all my life, I've been trying to figure out what I want to do "when I grow up". I studied environmental science in University hoping that it would lead me somewhere. I found uni incredibly frustrating because however much I love learning, especially about the environment, I really wasn't passionate about any of my courses. Sure they were interesting and I'm glad I stuck with it long enough to get my degree but after 5 years (yep... 5 years) I still didn't have a vision. This past year, I've been thinking about one day, in the future, working for myself. It wasn't until about a month ago that I realized that I don't have to wait for the future! Why not start now?! Then SpiderLove crawled into my brain (like a spider crawling towards her prey). Without even knowing what the idea was, I already had the name. What I've been trying to envision through the years is a way to surround myself with everything I am passionate about (animals, environment, music, nature, veganism, photography, art...) and figure out how to make a living doing it!

No comments: