Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Some songs I love by some fine vegan artists

I recently got asked if I would chat with my good buddy Dylan on his super swish podcast "Vegan Police". Can't wait! It's going to be so fun! AND I will be on the same podcast that just interviewed the lovely Sarah Kramer! Very exciting, i feel a little like a celebrity. I haven't written an incredible cookbook, so I'm not sure what we're going to talk about, but I AM sure that it will be entertaining & fun. I'm also sure I'll sound like a nerd.... but whatever.

Dylan asked me if I'd give him some of my fave vegan musicians/bands/songs, so here's a little list, and I'll let him select the ones that get played.

Bob Wiseman - Sweet Gertrude, Born to love you
Propagandhi - Human(e) Meat
Amanda Rogers - Hibernating
Sketchy Indians - All you need, Mallory McGee
Vegan Mosquitos - Bloodbath on the beach
Jah Sun - No Bonez No Blood
Bif Naked - Fuck you 2
The Blow - Parenthesis (are these guys vegan? i'm not sure... but the song definitely has a vegan "feel", and they're from Portland...isn't everyone in Portland vegan?!)
Beloved Binge - Dead Cow Walking
GaiaisI with Lee Baillie - Enjoy your Meal
Andrew Thomas Hunter - Allergic to Love
Chrissie Hynde - Boots of Chinese Plastic
Cordoba Mendoza - everything of course!

I also love Erykah Badu, Moby, Paul McCartney, Joan Jett, I'm sure that I'm forgetting a ton of great vegan songs... but that's all I can think of for the moment & now I'm off to bed. Just let me know if I forgot your favorite vegan artist or song.

By the way, I'm not forgetting Morrisey - I've just never liked his music much. sorry!

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Hey,
Check these folks out:

The Details - myspace.com/thedetails

The Paperbacks - myspace.com/thepaperbacks

Ian la Rue - myspace.com/ianlaruemusic

Coffin Ships - myspace.com/coffinships

Chang-A-Lang - myspace.com/changalangband

These are some of the great bands we had involved with the T.O.F.U. tour. They have vegans scattered throughout them.

=-)

dylanvse said...

Whoa, whoa, Ryan? T.O.F.U. Magazine. How am I just finding out about this now? This is awesome!

dylanvse said...

And nice list Kelly!!! You have stumped the Vegan Police with numerous songs on this list!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome, Kelly. You ARE a celebrity.
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Check out mine. :) I'm vegan!

http://www.myspace.com/daleacherie

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Check out this vegan song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z11KBIaJ9c0